Thursday, May 8, 2008

Q5. [b]

I think for me, the hardest thing in life in the secret annex would be the fear of discovery. Honestly, I m a person who has to what I want and I surely can’t stay in one place for a long time. And I bet most of the people are like that too. But the Franks, the Vandaans and Mr.Dussel still went in to hiding while knowing that they have to sacrifice their desires. Why? Because they wanted to live and had hoped that the war would soon be over and everything will go back as it was before. I don’t think I can wake up every morning thinking to myself “today might be my last day here in hiding and I might be found.” The fear is going to be with you no matter how much you got use to the sharing of cramped rooms or need of keeping silent. I think the worst thing that can happen to a person is death. And they had to face that fear every single day and had no other to face it. Sometimes they heard bombs and certain scary noises and every time they did, they were so scared that they even hardly breathed.
Keeping silent for hours, not moving freely and sharing the small space with strangers were all done due to the fear of discovery.

1 comment:

Samantha's Reading Shack said...

OOOOOHH~
Good Job Jamie~~!!
Mines kind of different from yours but I still agree with your answer. You did a great job putting yourself into Anne's shoes and imagining the daily life of fear and trepidation! Your posts are so long and I see that they are right on the spot!! Great overall~!!:)