Thursday, May 1, 2008

Q2.What is prejudice?Where in the world have you seen prejudice? What are the affects of prejudice.?

I think everyone around this world have their own definition to the word prejudice. Some might say prejudice is judging people by their looks when others might say it’s judging someone by their actions. Again some might say prejudice is making a judgment about someone by their culture and their religion. However I think prejudice means judging someone with their first impression before you actually get a chance to know them. I don’t think I ever experienced prejudice happening to myself but I have read about the articles and events in history about them. There are so many events in history that have something to do with prejudice or either the cause of the event was because of prejudice. Unfortunately, prejudice wasn’t something that happened only in history and it is still common today. The first thing that pops up in my mind when I hear the word prejudice is the hatred feelings that were made between the blacks and whites in the past. It might still exist but it was a real serious problem long time ago. Another example of prejudice is judging someone by their gender. For a long time there were certain jobs that girls couldn’t have and jobs that people said boys don’t fit it. However I think that kind of changed over the years. Nowadays lots of jobs are more opened to girls and to guys. Anyone can get a job if they have the mind and enough training to. Again prejudice still exists.
These prejudices that happened in the olden days still are common because it’s passed along to kids in families or by the friends they meet. Also the media can be a big impact on giving a kid a wrong idea about prejudice. There are so many movies that show different kind of religions and races doing something that you shouldn’t do and those kinds of things can leave an idea that all people of that race and religion are like that in kid’s minds.

1 comment:

Joohee K said...

Good job jammmmmmmmieeeeee !!!
I really liked how you described prejudice in your definition. I also faced some prejudices in my life and I thought it was really unfair. I think that this book The Dairy of A Young Girl shows a lot of prejudices about Jewish and Germans. Also, I agree with your explanation, prejudice isn't just a thing that comes out in this book but also in real life. I believe there's going to be some unfair prejudices during your life too but I will always stand by your side.


BECAUSE I LOVE YOU !!!!!!